Pregnant at 42!

Don't EVER let anyone tell you what you can and cannot do. I had a doctor tell me that I was too old to have more children- at the age of 40. I mentioned that my Sister-in-Law had a baby at 43. She said that that was rare and an abnormality. I switched Dr's. My new Dr's wife was 40 and had just given birth to their 7th child. He happily wrote up some tests for us and was lovingly encouraging and helpful. Good doctor make such a great difference! We found out that we had some issues and it took us a good 16 months to work them out, but it worked!

Some things I have noticed while being pregnant and {older}:

-The chances of having twins are higher. This pregnancy started out early on as twins and one baby made it through. 

- I get winded by just walking up the stairs and a day of subbing puts me out of commission not just for that day but for the day after as well!

-If I walk longer than ten minutes, my belly starts to cramp. This never happened with my other babies and the Dr said it's because I've had 6. 

-I am hungry and tired all the time. Ok, that is normal!

I love life! I love being pregnant despite the inconvenience and I am so grateful for this little Miracle baby of ours!

Comments