My Uncle Charlie






My Uncle Charlie passed away several weeks ago. I got to see him in July when we were in Utah for our family reunion. It was so good to see him and Lisa and their son and just chat. When I had to say goodbye, he said “I’ll see you later.” He was in hospice so we both knew this would be the last time we would see each other. It was so hard to say goodbye! 

This has been something near and dear to my heart and I haven’t shared anything about it on social media yet. He fought such a hard fight with Pancreatic Cancer. 

This is my second Uncle/Aunt that has passed away from this type of Cancer. Can I tell you how much I hate Cancer? I do, I hate it. I know that it has it's place in this world and maybe I am just dealing the stage of grief that is anger. It took my Aunt Sandy ten years ago. It threatened the life of my Grandma Betty (Ovarian cancer), although she came out of it stronger and a lot calmer and kinder. Maybe there is something good to Cancer after all. 

My Dad has had it for ten years (Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia) as well. He is in remission right now (yay!) and I am so forever grateful for that. He had a CarT cell transplant last year that worked and he just had a knee replacement to help him walk better. On to living a better life for him!

We sure miss our Uncle Charlie!

We love you, Uncle Charlie!!!

Comments