On Having Teenagers


Halloween Night- Ethan as Darth Vador, Jonah and Asher as peanut butter and jelly and Declan as a ninja. Elizabeth went with friends.


Having teenagers is hard! I currently have 3- one 16 yr old and two 14 year old boys. I will have another 13 yr old this next summer.

Let me tell you, it is harder than having toddlers. 

Yes, toddlers will throw tantrums, you can't understand what they are saying or what they want and they need you night and day. Their cuteness often makes up for it!

With teenagers, it is more emotionally difficult. They speak in grunts and spurts. Most of the time. They get upset over small things (hormones) and they worry about being liked and accpeted.

I will try to focus on the positives of having teenagers. They are high energy, they like to have fun and they keep this home hopping! 

I am so grateful for the teenagers that I have and for the chance I have to help raise them to be wonderful young adults.

In fact, they already are!

Comments

Joanie said…
Yes! Teenagers are harder...wait until they start learning to drive. Also..I worry about the influences of the world...will they be strong...???!! Also..you basically have to restock the refrigerator almost every day!!! They eat more than an any time in their lives! Be a listening ear...pick up on their body language...assure them of your love....and of their worth...You have amazing kids!!!!