Hiking Usery Mountain/ Wind Cave & My "Why"




My Grandpa and the medals he was awarded


Yesterday, for Verteran's Day, we took our niece and nephews and family on a nearby hike up the mountain. It was a lot of fun! And a little bit of hard work. No one got hurt and the cousins loved the sight of so many cacti.

I had Josh give the kids a talk about not touching the cactus (since Asher did once and got quite hurt). He told them all about that and about the chance of seeing rattlesnakes. This made my 4 yr old quite nervous and he burst into tears! He did not want to go! We decided to wait until the next morning to talk it over.

In the morning he remembered and did not want to go still. I wanted to take family pictures right before, so I really wanted him to go. I didn't show him my feelings. We tried offering him many things- snacks, water, treats, a hat. Nothing worked. Finally, I offered him my fanny pack and he remembered Dad's camelback (a backpack you can drink from with a straw). He was suddenly very happy!! He LOVES that thing! He jumped up and raced to go get it and was happy the whole hike. He did very well!

How is that for us in our lives? If someone came up to me and told me that I could have as many babies with Josh after we die in Heaven, I would jump up, clap my hands and do anything I needed to to get to that reward. That is my "why". Why I do the things that I do. I have many other why's- like live with my family together in Heaven, show kindness to others, work on my talents, etc. But this is my main why. I love it!

Comments

Joanie said…
There is nothing sweeter than cuddling a small baby on your chest. Babies are your joy! Your life's quest must include babies..whether helping new mothers with their babies...having a baby day care...volunteering to hold babies in hospitals...and...???....having another baby of your own??????
Mrs Abbott said…
Thanks, Mom! This comment has helped me pursue my dream!