Emotional Childhood



When we blame our feelings on other people, we are being in a state of Emotional Childhood.

I have realized that I do this a lot.

I state that I am feeling a certain way because someone else treated me a certain way.

We are letting someone else take control of our own emotions and giving them the power.

That's not how it is.

We are in control of our own thoughts. They make us feel how we feel. If we change our thoughts, we change our feelings.

Some things that help with this are:

1. Taking deep breaths in. When we are anxious or nervous, we tend to hold our breath which doesn't help the situation. Take 10 deep breaths and see how you feel afterwards.

2. Recognizing your emotion. Name it. Sit with it and feel it.

3. Take claim of your own power. You own your thoughts. You are the one who decides whether you will be happy or sad.

You got this!

Comments

Joanie said…
I should print this up in pretty lettering, frame it and hang it up in a very prominent spot in our house!!!! Excellent advice in a nutshell!!! Thanks!