Santa Barbara Visit

 All of us, with Doug taking the picture
 Doug and Sheelah and the kids
 Bergonvia


My Uncle and Aunt- Doug and Sheelah (on my Dad's side) live two hours away in Carpinteria, CA near Santa Barbara. Doug is a chiropractor and Sheelah is an acupuncturist. They have lived in the same home for over 25 years and we love to go visit them and visit the beach too! 

This past weekend we took the kids and had a blast! Even though it was cloudy, we walked along the bluffs, checked out the tide pools and the place in the rocks where the natural tar bubbles up. It is the second biggest spot in California for tar deposits besides the La Brea Tar Pits.

After we got back and rested awhile, Doug took me out for a drive on his Harley and it was the first time I had ever been on a motorcycle. He has some super cool heated jackets and it wasn't too cold or windy at all. I had a blast and I told Josh he can get a motorcycle anytime!

For dinner we had a BBQ Santa Maria style- aka bbq Tri Tip. It was lots of fun and we loved spending time with family!

Comments