On Today

I felt nervous and scared. The only thing that calmed me was a phone call to the Temple to put my name on the Prayer Roll.

Earlier today I sat in the OB's office a week after my first ER visit. I had been having pains in my stomach and felt like they were from some Ovarian Cysts I had learned about during my last pregnancy.

The midwife was kind and gentle. She checked my bloodwork over the phone and from inside the room I could hear the words "abnormal?" " What's the normal level?" And "I'm worried about pancreatic cancer." The fact that my Aunt passed away from Pancreatic Cancer didn't reassure me. I sat and listened and thought. They talked about another abnormal test result.

When she came back in, she was cool and collected. Some abnormalities were found she said. I knew about one of them and the Dr had said it wasn't a concern. She said she may disagree with that. More bloodwork and an ultrasound was scheduled for tomorrow and I drove away. 

On the way home I stopped to pick up $9 of cherries, a dollar puzzle from a road side stand of kids cleaning their room. I kissed each of my children when I got home and headed upstairs to put my two year old to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Depression and the Inauguration '09

Baby Name Woes

Angels Among Us