I'm Grateful for the Scriptures


I have a goal to read the Book of Mormon in 30 days- starting today. It ends on my 38th birthday and although I didn't plan it that way, it must be a sign that this is a good thing! Now that I've written it down, it's gonna happen. I'm accountable now.

I love the scriptures. I love to read them and I am grateful to all of the North American Prophets- Nephi, Mosiah, Jarom, Alma, Mosiah, Ether, Alma, Mormon, Moroni and many others- who followed God's commandments and wrote down their stories and the stories of their people.

I grateful to Joseph Smith who was prepared and took the golden plates that the Book of Mormon was written on and translated them into a language we can all understand. It is now 82 full and 25 partial-languages. Joseph Smith had a 3rd grade education and I'm grateful for his faith, his tenacity, and his influence. What a great man!

I know that as we read the scriptures, the Soirit can testify of their truthfulness and our faith will increase. 

I hope this will happen as I spend time these next 30 days reading more deeply in the scriptures.

I will let you know how it goes!

Comments