I'm Grateful for Gratitude: Happy Thanksgiving!

At the Hogle Zoo yesterday.


The other day I got a chance to head down to BYU and hear Al Fox Carraway, blogger, public speaker, author, Mormon, speak to a group of over 800 people on her conversion story. She has recently published her first book- More Than the Tattooed Mormon. I originally began following her story when she moved to Arizona and was highlighted there.

I loved, loved, loved her talk! She is such a positive, upbeat person with a super strong testimony that it's hard to walk away from hearing speak without being uplifted yourself. As I walked towards my parked car- in the freezing cold- I enjoyed listening to others talk about how much they enjoyed listening to her story.

Basically, she met the Elders, really loved talking to them but didn't want to hear about the Gospel. She started praying and reading the Book of Mormon and 
then going to Church and she got hooked! She was baptized two weeks later. Despite opposition from her family and friends and coworkers, she embraced the gospel, moved out to Utah, started a blog and began her journey there.

The one part of her talk that I liked the most was how she noticed that gratitude plays a very large role in being happy in life as well as getting answers to prayers.

My biggest prayer/struggle this last year has dealt with my headache and so naturally I keyed in on this subject. I have decided to no longer pray for my head to feel better, but to thank Heavenly Father daily for this headache and to see all the positives that exist in my life instead of the negatives.

I have Faith that my headache will end and I hope that until it does end I can have an attitude of gratitude and be able to endure it just a little bit better and make Heavenly Father proud of how I'm handling this.

Happy Thanksgiving Week! Enjoy! 🍗

Comments

What a great attitude Megan! You do have a good one! I bet that was a great talk!