On Patience


Two events colliding- my headache feeling worse again and dealing with my recent miscarriage- has got me thinking.

I think the Lord is trying to teach my Patience. He is also trying to teach me several other lessons, but this is one of them. I have always felt like I had a hard time being patient:

I wasn't sure if I could commit to a year and a half mission. That felt like a long time to me and if I wanted to be done, there wasn't that option.

I felt like I waited a long time to get married, when in reality I wasn't very old when I actually did get married.

We waited a long time to have Declan, but patience is something that will take a lifetime to learn. It can't be learned in just one trial, or two, or three.

And so, I will wait and actively try my best to do my part, and to learn the lessons He would have me learn.

Comments