Poetry


The Positive Pregnancy Test

I was Positive
It would be negative
I felt not much
Different.

The world was turning 
Like normal.
The house was quiet-
Still waking up
From a deep sleep.

But there it was-
Positive.

Positive that there
Would be
A change
To my heart
To our lives
To our future.
A very positive
Positive.


Negative

The changes started 
And I didn't know
What to do.

There was 
No test to take.
No-
You are losing this baby

Or...

This baby will be just fine.
You over did it.
You need to rest.

Or...

This baby wasn't quite ready yet.

To come to this world
Of joy and pain.
Of where "You're having a baby!"
Turned into
"You're having a miscarriage."

When it really should be-
"You're having a lesson."
An earthly, spiritual lesson.

Comments

Kelsy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelsy said…
Megan, I love you. We truly don't understand why things happen sometimes. Thank you for your sweet trust in God. You are an amazing mother and I am thinking of you. (from Kelsy, blogger won't let me change accounts right now)
Beautiful poem...sorry it had to be written but glad you can express yourself and know Gods love for you and the spiritual lesson that comes from trials ! Love you!