On Writing



I've wanted to be a writer for about ten years now. After I had three kids under three years old and all that that entailed, I felt like I should write everything down, let people know what that was like. It seemed a good way to get everything out of my head and on to the paper.

I would write short stories- the time when the twins emptied the eggs out of the carton in a trail across the floor while I showered, the time it took 2 hours to put them down for a twenty minute nap, the time Ethan broke his leg with a toddler fracture and I had to carry him while carrying the baby in a baby backpack. Ah, those were the days

Yep, these were stories that needed to heard and felt. Yet, instead of writing a book, I wrote it down in this blog. I vented my frustration when the kids were tiny, I was silent in midst of my depression, I was chatty while I was hyper, subdued when we lost our two babies and exultant when we had Declan. This blog has seen it all and while I haven't written a book- and I don't think I will- I have written this blog and it speaks for itself.

Comments

Sarah said…
You can have your blog printed into a book! I print mine off once a year, it's a great keepsake and it would be your book!
Sarah said…
Also that picture of Declan is adorable! I'm sorry for the losses you've had.
Yes writing is truly one of your gifts and your outlet (; keep at it!