On blogging from my phone

I have just discovered the blogger app on my phone... Awesome! This is my view right now, as Declan crawls around me- pulling kleenex from the box (I let him), picking fingers in unlit candle jars, playing with my toy Miata cars.

Just recently, this week actually, I did a social media fast for three day. This past Sunday Josh took Elizabeth to her first Fireside (talk) at Church. They learned all about how their bodies are Temples and how social media at times can really spread messages of the need to be perfect and to have the perfect image. 40% of people photoshop their facebook profile images. The two girls who spoke are on a campaign to get their message out there. Their message is that we are all beautiful and how to feel good about your body. Their website is Beautyredefined.net- check it out!

And so during my three day fast from social media (not counting Pinterest- that's just being creative, right?), I learned a few things. 

One: this is definitely a good thing to do. Not for three days maybe but one day, every couple of weeks. The chatter in my head was quieter and I could hear and think more of my own thoughts, if that makes any sense.

Two: I missed the whole is the dress black and blue or white and gold and didn't really miss it.

Three: I had to replace social media with something, so I did. I used the LDS tools app and read scriptures. I memorized one of my favorite verses. I worked on a personal progress experience. I ate more chocolate. (Withdrawals?)

In summary, it was good. Oh, so good. And challenging. I'm glad to be finished. It was like a cleanse. But for my head. 

And it was pretty cool. 

Comments

Joanie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanie said…
Megan...I hope you do continue your blog..even if it is 2 posts a month...something sweet and simple like the above. I am always so inspired by your posts...so maybe 10 minutes a month...2 five minute posts, a quick picture and you are off to play with baby, read a book, run an errand...what do you think of this idea?