Oh, September 2014

 Birthday Lunch!

 Elizabeth's birthday heart attack- she loved it!

 The Highlight of September this year was Elizabeth's 12th birthday! She has been looking forward to turning 12 this whole year! When she turned 11, she said "I'm almost 12!" In our Church the youth begin attending Youth classes and activities when they turn 12.

The class of 12 and 13 year old girls were so sweet! They made hearts and I put them all over her room for her to see when she got home. Then, they kidnapped her on Mutual night which was also her birthday and had cake and ice cream and games. That was a little hard since we knew they coming to get her and we couldn't do cake and ice cream as well. Luckily, we celebrated her birthday the Sunday before with the family. She requested a pink swirly cake with hot pink and teal cake mix. It was fun! For her birthday she got a new jewelry box (hers was getting old), a necklace with the Gilbert Temple on it,another necklace, a beanie boo and soo cool craft paper. Oh, and some money and a little bit of makeup too. Somehow I'm excited for her to do all the stuff Young Women get to do. Maybe since she's my only girl in a group of boys. I love her so!






Declan turned 5 months old and is a character. He is very interactive and loves to make funny expressions, look you in the eye, roll over right away onto his tummy and got a little tooth on the 27th. 


We were lucky to have Josh's brother Ben and his wife Barbara come and visit and stay a few days while they did a production of Ben's play here in Gilbert. We loved seeing them and it was the first time our kids had met Barbara- even though they've been married 5 years: living in the East will do that to you! The play was great and it had a good turn out!




And of course, we've been trying to do a lot of Family History- I love it! This is my Great Grandpa. I think he looks like my brother! Elizabeth did 3 batches of indexing the other day! She's going to beat me!



We survived a lot of summer thunderstorms/Monsoons! One day we got record rainfall and the other day it rained so hard and fast and so much, we were all astounded. Much needed rain!

I have a few more pics, but blogger is acting up and I probably need to go as the baby is gurgling in his crib.

A few more little things-

*LOVE Laurie King's A Bee Keepers Apprentice and A Monstrous Regiment! Soo good!
*Headache is still here and kicking. Learning lots about empathy, humility, etc.

Happy October! One of my most favorite months! That and December and February- the trifecta of all goodness! (Oh, and November is great too!)

---Follow me on Instagram!  meganroseabbott  (not very original name, I know!)

Comments