To labor or not to labor...

On Saturday Evening, Elizabeth and I got to go together to the first General Womens Conference of the Church where girls ages 8 and up were also invited- along with the Women. I was excited to have her come with me! She was a little nervous, since it is was a new situation, but once there, she really enjoyed it!

About 10 minutes into the meeting, I start having contractions/birthing waves- mostly Braxton hicks, but they I notice they keep coming and coming. I started timing them- 5 minutes, 7 minutes, 8 minutes, 5 minutes. Painful ones. I started getting excited! Elizabeth wanted to get a drink at the drinking fountain afterwards. I wanted to hurry home and lay down and see if they would go away.

We got home, I excitedly told Josh what was going on and went to lay down on my left side for an hour and drink lots of water. After 45 minutes of resting and them not going away, I was too antsy and had to get up and do something! I packed more of my hospital bag, started cleaning the bathrooms (in case someone had to come over) and picking up. At 8:30 we decided to text the neighbor who is going to watch the kids when it's time and see if she was home. She had just gotten off the plane from Ethiopa- not so good timing! Josh also commented that this would not be the best week for a baby since he had some deadlines to meet!

At 9:30, I got ready for bed and we did a Hypnobabies Partner Reading. They kept coming and I woke up every hour through the night. Sunday morning I sent everyone off to Church (after alerting my Mom about the situation) and went walking- in hopes of speeding things up. Nothing really improved and by 3 pm the contraction/waves had died out. Darn it. 

At least we got the carseat washed and ready to go!

Comments