Still No Baby!



Prepping for baby (some of the twins, Ashers and new baby clothes all together!)
 
Well, my due date (the 12th) has come and gone (and still no baby!). This is pretty much a first for me! Elizabeth's due date was Sept. 14th but I convinced myself that it was the 15th and I went into labor early that morning! The twins were born 5 1/2 weeks early and Asher 3 days early.

Everything about this pregnancy has been quite different than the others. I don't know if it's because I am 36 or if this baby is just a very unique boy!

With him, I was quite sick from 6 weeks along to almost exactly 12 weeks along. I wasn't very much with the others (more so with the twins).

This baby kicks and moves a lot more than all my others did.

I've had about 4 long nights of contractions, only for them to fade away by morning. What?!

With Asher that happened and then the next day he arrived! And Elizabeth after 2 days too.

Aren't I supposed to go along fine and then contractions start and we head to the hospital and come home with a cute, little baby?

Not this Stop. Start. kind of a thing.

Josh's Mom came to help and do a baby watch for a week. It was so wonderful! So nice to have her around, to have her cook and help clean. We loved it (thank you, Grandma!) and we loved spending more time with her! She is wonderful!

Meanwhile (while waiting for this baby boy- whose name I have yet to still love) we've:

-Emptied, acid-washed and refilled our pool. It needed it and it took almost 3 days from the hose to get our 13,000 gallon pool refilled! That made me a little nervous to go into labor with a half filled pool.

-Enjoyed beautiful 68 degree weather!

-Taken care of Jonah. Saturday morning, while I was out running an errand, Jonah was bouncing on my birthing/exercise ball and fell hard onto the tile on both of his knees! My kids seem to get hurt while I am gone! He couldn't walk for the rest of Sat, Sunday and rested and iced them. We took him in to get checked out this morning and he is fine (phew!). I also didn't want to go into labor when one of my boys couldn't walk.

-Waited for my Dr. to come back from vacation (which he did today! Phew!).

-Suffered from a head cold (me and Ethan. I think the kids brought it home from last week's AIMS testing since everyone sent their kids to school even if they were sick!)- very stuffy. It will be hard to not be able to smell that sweet newborn smell.

-Scheduled an appt. with my Dr. for Thursday, where I will request some things to get this baby coming and talk over getting induced (hmm...).


*Sorry for the complaints. I'm really doing pretty well and I know this baby will be here soon! I just wish we didn't have to wait- not knowing! Happy Monday, Everyone!

**Easter is almost here! Love those holidays!!
 

The kids enoying the nice weather!

Comments