Pregnancy Cravings

Food has become alive to me. Deliciously. Marvelously. Wonderfully Good.

I am hungry now. And often.

I wake up hungry. At night I am hungry.

Have you ever noticed how perfectly wonderful a bite of a chocolate ice cream drumstick tastes? The cold, sweet, creamy chocolate is perfectly balanced with the warm, salt crunch of the cone.

Food takes on another dimension- it has flavor and taste, dimension and form.

I am not a foodie by nature. I love a few basic foods- a well grilled hamburger, a soft sweet cinnamon roll, banana bread, chocolate, ice cream and ham and cheese sandwiches.

Seasoning is often lost on me. I could go for a bean burrito from Taco Bell equally as well as a hand crafted salad.

I'm married to a Foodie. My family- immediate and in-laws- are foodies. So it can be hard.

But, when I am pregnant, the world of food and taste comes alive.

I want to bake because I am hungry.

I want to try new foods and then try something new again.

I love how each and everything that I eat that sounds good to me is marvelously delicious-

Leftover Chicken Tortilla Soup (leftovers?!)- Heaven

Cheetos What joy!

Pistachio Blue Bell Ice cream  Oh, wow!

Cold Orange Juice in a Frosted Glass Thank you very much!

I am in Heaven and eating for two.


Comments

Amy said…
Yes! This is why I love being pregnant! Now I want a drumstick