On Speaking Clearly

 
 pic via universe.byu.edu

Let's Speak Clearly shall we?

I am a Mormon.

A Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I am a Christian.

I love my Savior and I try to keep His commandments daily.

I served an 18 month mission as a missionary for the LDS Church.

And let's make this CLEAR, I need to REPENT.

And what I need to repent of is my lack of Missionary Work in the past 13 years that I have been home from my mission.

Yes, I try to live in word and deed as a good example of Christ.
Yes, I try to be happy, so that someone will see my happiness and wonder where it comes from.
Yes, I have given out copies of the Book of Mormon with my testimony in them, but have fearfully not usually followed up.
 Yes, I have had the missionaries over for dinner, but I haven't given them one reference as to who would be interested in learning more about the gospel. Some suggestions, maybe. But nothing substantial.

I NEED to do better!

This week, while folding laundry, I listened to a wonderful talk given at BYU Education Week last month by Elder M. Russell Ballard, one of the 12 Apostles, entitled "On Speaking Clearly". His main topic women in the Church and the Priesthood. I came away from that talk with a desire to study and learn the Gospel in a way that I can share it with others proficiently, happily and clearly.

I also came away with a desire to be more of a Member Missionary. He encouraged us to use  facebook, blogs and social media to share our testimonies with others.

And so, I am reaching out to my bloggers out there and letting you guys know what I know. I know, so very strongly, that Jesus is the Christ. He is our Savior and Redeemer. He loves us more that I can ever imagine and He is my main source of strength, support, hope and happiness. I know that the Church was restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith and is lead and guided by a Prophet of God, President Thomas S. Monson today. God lives. He loves us. He loves us women and He has gifted men and women with talents and abilities to bring about His Plan of Happiness- the plan of salvation. And this is what makes me so happy.

***If you want to know more about our Church and what we believe, you can go to mormon.org or email me at joshmeganabbott at gmail.com.

Comments