Life is Surprising...




We are pregnant! 3 Weeks after signing the foster care paperwork and a day after our 12th anniversary, we found out that we are having a baby! Our 5th baby will be arriving some time mid April. Josh was so, so surprised. You should have seen him! I kind of/slightly expected it.  I started to be suspicious when I got really dizzy at Barnes n Noble on our anniversary date the week before. That happens when I am pregnant. I was also super tired at night. But, I didn't hope. Not too much. And when I saw those two lines, I was blown away. Really. Truly.


A Monday Morning

We are thrilled, amazed and grateful every day! Life is surprising.

I am 8 weeks along. This past month we have been anxious as my last miscariages were discovered at 8 weeks. We went in to the Dr. and I could barely look at the ultrasound screen. There it was- a cute little heartbeat! Tiny black and white dots moving back and forth. What a relief! Our due date is April 12th, 2014.

My bipolar is a challenge, but we will face things as they come along. So far I have been doing really well, although super sick this time around. Maybe it's because I am 35. Maybe it's because I stopped my med and my body is getting used to it. I should be feeling better by the end of September! I am calling this our "Little". Our little miracle baby!

**With my recent desire to be a nurse/midwife I debated going to see a midwife or doing hypnobirthing. I already have a Dr. that I have gone to several times and I really like him and feel comfortable with him. So, we are sticking with him!

***We still hope to do foster care. One day. Just not now.

***Having dealt with infertility, it doesn't seem to go away with a positive pregnancy test. You have had so many doubts and concerns, struggles and trials, that it all seems kind of unreal. Six years of on and off trying, two miscarriages and multiple Drs. telling you that you shouldn't get pregnant all kind of build up and will probably never go away fully. I am keenly aware of how others may feel who have been trying for a baby when we announce our pregnancy. There are so many deep, strong feelings tied to this issue. I understand because I have been there and don't want to cause any grief whatsoever.

One more thing. When I was 11 years and 7 months old, my Mom gave birth to my youngest sister Kelsy. When this baby is born, Elizabeth will be 11 years and 7 months old. A tender mercy. I loved, loved caring for my baby sister and I'm sure Elizabeth will do wonderful with this little one!

Wow.

Awhile ago Elizabeth said to me: "Mom, I am so baby hungry." I replied "Good thing we are doing foster care!" She may have to wait a little longer for this baby, but that's okay. Here's hoping for a healthy, happy little one! God is Good. Miracles do happen.

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!! AAAHHHHHH!!!!!


ps. We told the kids last Friday night and they were surprised and thrilled! Elizabeth started crying. She said goodnight to the baby last night. She is so sweet!

Comments

nicciwoffinden said…
Congrats!!!!! So happy for your family!
Laura said…
I'm so happy for you and wish you all the best! I had a miscarriage at 14 weeks so you just never know, but have hope is right!