So you want to be a nurse?


Via birthwithoutfearblog.com- check it out!

A Labor and Delivery Nurse, in fact.

This is all so new to me and it's coming at a time that is busy- the kids are going back to school and we're lined up for a foster baby soon. But, I will work on it slowly- one class at a time for a while.

If you know me, you know that I love babies. I love holding them, touching them, being with them. Babies are my JOY. It's the reason why I had 4 babies under the age of 4. It's the reason we are fostering an infant. And it has now become the reason why I have decided to go back to school and get my RN degree.

I'm nervous. I'm excited. I'm hopeful.

I haven't been back to school for 12 years now.

And it's going to be a long haul:

           -10 prerequisites just to apply to the program (human anatomy, chemistry, physiology, etc).
           - A 2 year program that will probably take me longer than that.

Tuition is free for me since Josh is an employee of ASU. What would cost tens of thousands of dollars would cost the application fee ($50) plus books.

I've always had a small fear of needles and blood. I've been working through that with the blessing of 3 boys who bleed quite often and a diagnosis that causes me to get my blood checked on a regular basis. I think I can handle it.

It will be interesting to say the least.


****Disclaimer: I went to the Nursing Program Orientation at ASU last night and found out that there is an additional LARGE program fee on top of tuition. Something that ASU probably won't cover. Maybe fostering newborns is my path to helping little ones.





Comments