On Substituting


AAAHH! Jonah trying on Asher's birthday glasses

I went back to subbing today. 6th grade. Half day. Student teacher included. Broke things in slow, ya know. This is my third year subbing with Gilbert (Public Schools. Gilbert is the subline). Mostly I work at Carol Rae- my kids' school. Last year I was able to sub in almost all of the classrooms there. I love it.

I love the teachers. I love the Aides. I love the Staff. I love the Principal. The schedule is wonderful- 2 to 3 days a week. The pay is decent. I love the amount of work, the variety, the change up, the kids. I love walking by Asher's classroom and see him paying attention to his teacher- SO cute!  I love seeing my fourth grader boy blush  and turn away in fear that I might gush all over him. And I would too, if I wasn't in charge of a class just then.

I'm excited.

I have had two offers this week to be a long term sub for this semester. Standing alone- they made my day. Along with a discussion with the Principal who said she was -this close- to calling me and asking me if I could be the new 3rd grade teacher when they had 16 new third graders sign up for this year (which I wouldn't have taken, but would have been tempted to.) Made my day! Made my week!

Comments