Love Is...

I used to collect these little "Love Is..." comics when I was younger. They would come in the newspaper and I would cut them out and place them in a now yellowed 80's photo album. I loved them! I still do! It's been translated into 22 languages- even Armenian!

Love Is...

-Love is getting up in the middle of the night and going to the store in your jammies to buy me some allergy medicine when I can't sleep because of allergies.

-Love is sending us a very giant care package- a triple stroller on our doorstep- after we find out we are having twins.

-Love is making a sweet photo collage of us twins together of when we were little as a Christmas Present.

-Love is buying me a used clarinet and still having it almost 25 years later.

-Love is buying me the CTR ring I have my heart set on.

-Love is coming to my rescue when I am about that have my 4th baby and am in complete need of rescuing. 

-Love is sending sweet handmade cards in the mail.

-Love is playing with my children.

-Love is sending prints of my favorite photos that you took.

-Love is a small picture of my favorite picture of Christ, framed and presented.

-Love is sending jewelry in the mail, even though it may be a sacrifice.

-Love is sending a Thank You Gift Card to Red Lobster.

-Love is always being so thoughtful.

-Love is a Christmas presents of new pots and pans with red glaze on the bottom.

-Love is coming to spend time with me and comfort me when I just had my second miscarriage in a row.

-Love is coming and taking care of my family when I am sick.

-Love is sending me flowers on our anniversary, even though you are far away.

-Love is taking care of the children, even though you would really rather be doing something at the time.

-Love is sending birthday cards with a little something inside to your dear children, who just love them!

-Love is giving yearly, thoughtful, birthday gifts.

-Love is sending care packages in the mail: vitamins, a book, a video.

-Love is writing an understanding comment, a loving email, a phone call- knowing that pain is being felt.

-Love is a hug and a kiss and saying "I hope you feel better soon."

-Love is listening to my needs and meeting them.

-Love is seeing a tired Mom of twins and encouraging her to hold both babies together in the hospital. Oh, how we bonded.

-Love is visiting and buying much needed maternity clothes.

-Love is visiting when you are visiting from out of town.

-Love is a very thoughtful, time spent Christmas present that made me cry!

-Love is sending a sweet package of Sees and a lovely frame.

-Love is inviting me to come and stay earlier.

-Love is the most tender hug I have ever received after finding out about my first miscarriage.

-Love is arranging a get away for Josh and I after we spent 2 1/2 months apart- complete with treats, lotion and a sweet card.

-Love is sending your 8 year old twins baptism tie tacks.

-Love is opening your home to us and letting us stay. 

-Love is asking about how fostering is going, even though you really disagree otherwise.

-Love is faithfulness.

-Love is overlooking the very large veggie tray I almost spilled all over the floor.

-Love is kind. It is beauty. It is enduring. It is awe inspiring.

I am grateful today for all those in my life who have showed such great amounts of love and support to me and my family. As I have felt Heavenly Father's great love for me lately, I have felt closer to my loved ones. I have recognized that they love me and that the love they show me is the same love that He gives me- Charity. The pure love of Christ.

All throughout my life, I can think of and remember times where loved ones- or even strangers- have reached out and shown such love that it was etched in my heart forever. And I am forever grateful.


Comments