The 4th + a story


Ethan at the ward pancake breakfast
Jonah, ready for the bike parade

We had a GREAT Fourth! A Patriotic Pancake Breakfast in the morning- along with a moment of silence for the 19 firefighters that lost their lives in Northern Arizona in the end of June. Such a sad story. Swimming, bbq, setting up and dropping off of flags for me, and of course FIREWORKS!- at home and the city's. It's fun  to live in a place where it's okay to do fireworks. When I was growing up, we would visit those big black tents, hot and sticky, picking out black cats, smoke bombs and morning glories. The BOYS LOVE seeing anything spark, smoke, fizzle and pop!

A quick story: my kids were over tired and grumpy. They were snappy, fussy and short fused. That night I slipped a little love note under their pillow: "I love you a lot"- each one said. The next morning I went to the gym and came back to a miracle (in my eyes). Elizabeth came up to me and said "I love you a lot too, Mom!" and gave me a gigantic hug. What a welcome home! But the biggest miracle was Jonah. Usually he gets upset when someone is not doing what they are supposed to do. While switching laundry I heard from Jonah: "Asher, will you please do your chores?" Lovingly and kindly. I was blown away. It's amazing what love can do.

Comments