End of Summer!



Well, the first day of school is ONE WEEK (plus one day) away! The kids find out who their teachers are this Friday, there is Meet the Teacher Night next Monday Night and school is bright and early next Wednesday Morning, Aug. 7th. We've been staying home for the past two weeks to prep for all these events and we're excited! Yes, even the kids are! And where did the summer go, I ask you? It's a common phrase that's heard around this time, but I tell you- I thought the summer would be long and hot and dry. Instead, it's been hot and interesting and fun!



T-shirts with bleach in a spray bottle and spending the night on the trampoline (not me)- yes, please!

My kids are at a great age (7-11) where I don't have to worry about going out during nap time or them having temper tantrums in public (usually) and it has been wonderful! Knowing it will end soon with the baby we foster helps me enjoy it all the more! The kids have also done a lot of play dates this summer and it's been very nice. Whether it's them going over to a friend's home (3 is less than 4 and always seems quieter) or having a friend or two come over and play and keep them busy- it's been wonderful!





Going on wonderful vacations has really helped the Summer go by fast as well! Our trip to California was super fun and our weekend in the Cabin was amazing. My Parents came this past Thursday to Saturday (more pics to come) and that broke up the summer even more! We've done lots of things on our "Have a BRIGHT summer" list- participate in the library reading program, visit 3 of the local pools, meet Dad for lunch in Tempe, the Splash Pad, cheap Summer Movies, Swimming, bowling and a craft or two. I did skip out on the Lemonade Stand because it was just too hot! We may still do it since Jonah keeps asking about it.


Playing Animaljam.com during down time. It's interactive and creative.


Hours were spent creating creations like this "Headless Attack"

So, I'm excited! Excited to be back in the classroom subbing once the Teachers have their routines down, excited to go shopping without kids, excited for the weather to cool down (in October) and excited for all things new and different! Oh, and I am the Secretary for the PTSO (that's what they call it here) this year and I'm excited to serve the school community.

Also, my little sister, Kelsy (Happy Belated Birthday, kels!), just got engaged to her boyfriend Cliff! So excited for her! A Fall wedding and the last one of us to be married in the Temple. What more can a girl ask for? Families are AMAZING!
















Comments