Next Thursday

Ok. I've been blogging a bit, but I have one more post and then I'll be done for a little while. 

Some people have asked me how the fostering is coming along. We are so close. It's been hard not talk about it all the time, because I usually want to blog about everything, but I have been checking with Josh first and he tends to be a bit more reserved than I.

We had our home inspection by the OLRC the Thursday before we left on our trip (the 6th). I was super nervous, but everything went really well. The lady was nice and really thorough. There was a long list of things we needed to have done. We passed on everything except for a few things- 3 fire alarms needed new batteries, our pool gate needed to be self closing (just a twist of the wrench) and one new medicine in the fridge needed to be locked up.

We have one final interview left, that includes interviews with the kids and the signing of paperwork. We had it scheduled for this past Tuesday (18th) and I was so looking forward to it but our caseworker called (while we were at the beach) and said that he had to go out of town to help his Father-in-law. I am definitely learning patience with this whole process! We rescheduled for next Thursday, the 27th.  

After that we'll be certified and we'll wait for the phone call (which may be from 1-2 days to a month or two- probably sooner than later). It will be THE call- the one that says there's a baby and do we want to take them? My Mom asked if this baby will be permanent. There's always the chance. We don't know. We are prepared for anything and...

Let's just say I'm excited! We're all excited- Josh, the kids and me!

Comments