How embarrassing!




The other day Josh was telling me a story of how one of his co-workers really put his foot in his mouth and said something embarrassing about another person.

It reminded me of a similar situation.

When Josh and I were dating, Josh's roommate was planning on asking his girlfriend to marry him. He came over to my apartment and showed us the fake ring that he had just purchased to propose with. We oohed and ahhed over it and he told us his whole plan on how he would propose in the next day or two. We were excited for him and thrilled that he was taking the next big step.

Later that afternoon, I went and got my hair cut by our friend who did hair. While I was sitting there, I excitedly told our friend of this friend's happy plans. I prattled on about the ring, going into detail by detail of how he was planning to set the stage and then propose. As I did so, I saw in the mirror the face of the other hair stylist working right next to us. She looked absolutely shocked! I looked up at my friend and she mouthed the words to me: "That's (his) girlfriend!"

I could never have been more surprised. I apologized profusely and she smiled and said it was okay and that she would just play along. We all laughed. I still laugh just thinking about it. What a shock it must have been for her, on a normal work day, to find out that she was going to be proposed to (and how!).



Comments