Over a Year Ago: Miscarried away

 
 We can follow His will

Over a year ago I miscarried. For the second time in eighteen months. I thought I was over it. But I don't think I am. When that dark door slammed on my hopes, I was devastated. Again. The first one caught me completely off guard. The second one I was more prepared for. I realized that if this could happen to me, it could happen again and it could happen to anyone.

I knew that when one announces their pregnancy, that it could be over in the drop of a hat and I tried to prepare myself. When a friend or loved one announced their pregnancy, I was cynical, knowing something could happen. When they gave birth to a healthy, happy baby, I sighed a big sigh of relief. They were okay. Their baby was okay. The heavy door slamming I had faced had not happened to them.

It had been one of the worst experiences I had ever had. I didn't know what to do. I was empty and alone. I felt like I was nothing. Useless. Things got better and peace returned. We looked toward adoption and eventually foster care to put our energy and love into. And it's been good. I'm excited that it's January- so close to March, when we start our foster care efforts again.

I know everything's okay. Things happen. And it's okay. It is through my Savior that I can relieved of this burden. The burden of fear and doubt, being replaced with Hope and Peace

This writing has been helpful for me. As I lay my burden at His Capable, Strong, Loving feet, He will comfort me and take care of me. And maybe missing my babies can help me relate to the sweet Mother who will be giving up her own baby for me to take care of.

In fact, I know it will. Life is a cycle. What you put into it, you get out of it and it comes right back to you!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Miscarriage is hard and so often it is agonizingly lonely because there really are no words to do it justice. The whole way through my pregnancy after my miscarriage I was paranoid about the possibilities for heartache. Drew is now a month old and I'm still paranoid. I've seen life lost in so many stages that I know we may never know what's around the corner. The blessing has been an increased testimony of hope that through Christ we'll be with our loved ones again and the reminder that each day is a special blessing so I need to make the most of it.

Good luck with becoming a foster momma - there are so many little ones that need all that love you've got waiting!