My Birthday

My Birthday was great! It was full of more ups and downs than I've ever had on a birthday. I jotted down the tender mercies I had seen that day on (2) post-it notes while Josh got the kids ready for bed. So, here they are:

Ups:
-A yummy breakfast.
-New running shoes.
-Presents from Church: the Relief Society and the Primary
-Texts from friends.
-Great calls with my Mom, my Dad, and sisters.
-A small jar filled with mini oreos from Ethan.
-A huge hug from Asher (after he saw the breakfast spread).
-A first Happy Birthday! from Elizabeth
-A walk with Josh and Sadie (the dog).
-Going to the Temple and not very many people there (very peaceful).
-A delicious lunch out with Josh (mine was free).
-The school called- there had been a miscommunication about me subbing
that afternoon. I didn't get the message until after our nice lunch. (no stress)
-A small nap.
-The toilet clogged and I didn't even attempt to unclog it.
-A new book to read.
-Josh picking up the pizza for dinner.
-Josh was home when Jonah stepped in the dog poo,
and walked around the house with it.
-Our Home Teachers came over for the first time-with treats!
-Fun facebook birthday posts.
-Delicious Jamba Juice.

Wow, there is more there than I thought. And really, the things that could be lows, were actually disguised tender mercies since the timing was just right. What a crazy, amazing, quick, lovely, busy, happy birthday! And happy holidays, too! May all your Christmases be bright!

Comments