My Grandpa Cera


My Grandpa Joseph R. Cera- my Mom's Dad- passed away a week ago Tuesday, November 20, 2012 at the age of 86. He went so very quickly- felt ill about a week before, went to the Hospital a few days later then passed away a few days after that. My Mom was able to fly in and was with him when he died- what a tender mercy! He had a blood clot somewhere and his organs had begun shutting down. They knew that he only had a short time to live. He joked with my Uncle that he had a shirt/jacket and a jar of olives that he could have. So funny! I must get my love of olives/green olives from him!

He served in the navy in WW II and earned quite a few medals. He had a 21 gun salute at his funeral and while I wasn't able to go, I heard it was lovely. We love you, Grandpa and will always miss you. We cherish the legacy that you left for us and hope to pass it down to your Great-Great Grandchildren and their children as well.

Grandpa Joe

Our Sweet
Grandpa Joe,
How we love him-
His kind eyes,
His happy face,
His loving smile.

Oh, how we long
To see you again.
To hear your tender
voice
To touch your strong hand,
To see your sweet smile.

And we will! We will!
Until we meet again,
Our dear, sweet
Grandpa Joe.


Comments