To My Twin Sister Molly

 This is my family and I, circa 1986. I'm in the center front wearing white and gray and Molly is next to me on the right, holding the guinea pig. Kelsy wasn't born yet. (this pic is off fb, sorry it's so blurry!)

 26 years later, here we are at our Family Reunion this past summer in California. Molly is in the center in pink. I wonder what we'll look like in 25 years!

My dear sweet twin sister, Molly, Mother to 4 active children at home, is having hip surgery today. My Mother is there for 2 weeks, helping out, and then her Mother-in-law will be there for a few weeks and then my Mother will go back again. My dear, sweet, sister, our thoughts and prayers go out to you! We love you, we pray for you. We hope that God will speed your delivery and you can once again do all the amazing things you love doing (cooking, organizing, playing with Peter, helping with homework, Gardening, scrapbooking, etc.)

When Molly and I were 6, she broke her arm and was whisked away to a hospital an hour away. It was the first time I had been away from her since I could remember and I thought I was going to die. I ran to a corner and cried, my world crashing down. I feel a slight touch of that now.

This past Sunday was fast Sunday for us, a time where we fast for 2 meals and pray for things that we may need or are concerned about. I had so many things to fast for this Sunday. That our home in Maryland will finally sell (we have had a standing offer on it since April until our bank sold one of our loans. Please! Please!). That Obama and Romney both can have God's help and that things will turn out for the best. For my sister Molly, her family and her recovery. An opportunity has come up that I could possibly babysit a sweet 8 week old 2 times a week while her mother returns to work. I would love to do that and we're waiting to see what happens.

So many things in this life can cause challenges, heartbreak, trials and stress. I am so thankful for a loving family that strengthens and supports when the time is needed. My Parents and siblings do a wonderful job of that. And of course, I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father, who loves us no matter what and His love is always, always accessible.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps- What do you think of the new blogger template out there? Should I change? I'm thinking yes!

pps- This is Fall Break for our kids so we'll see how it goes! We have do have a few fun things planned!


Comments