I love Lizzie

 

 I found a link to this sweet girl on nieniedialogues.com. It touched my heart. Someone had posted a picture of her on youtube and called her ugly, mean names. She read them all and was hurt. Instead of taking that hurt and bitterness out on the world, she reacted with kindness and love. She looked inside herself to see who she really was- someone worthwhile. Beauty doesn't determine our worth. We are each of great potential, no matter who we are. And Lizzie saw that.

She set goals to write a book, graduate from college and get married. She became a motivational speaker and reached most of those goals. Her story is amazing and touching and if she every comes to speak near me, I would love to meet her, share her hand and say "thank you". Thank you for teaching the world that beauty isn't skin deep. Thank you for taking a trial and turning it into a triumph!

On a different note, I just finished President Monson's Biography To The Rescue. It took me over 6 months to read, but it was worth it! It was touching, intriguing, thought provoking and sometimes a great preclude to a nap (ok, often). I really feel that I have come to know President Monson more and am excited to hear him speak next weekend in General Conference (time sure does fly!).

Here is a quote from the end of the book that I simply loved:

"He measures the abundant life by the capacity 'to face trouble with courage, disappointment with cheerfulness, and triumph with humility.' "

Lizzie does a great job of this.


May we all follow President Monson's great example!

This is my blog. My name is Megan.

Comments