Stake Institute

Two things:

1. Sometimes I learn something cool, or discover something new and I want to do a blog post on it!

2. But, sometimes, I want to give an update of our family and how we are doing.

So- here are both of those. At the same time!

  Our family is doing really well. The kids are doing well in school, Elizabeth's mood and anxiety issues are almost completely gone. Josh is busy at work. I am busy at work. We are prepping to be ready for our foster baby. Babies take a lot of stuff, especially when your youngest is 6! We've had to buy a stroller, a car seat, a baby bjorn, a new crib, etc. We have started putting him/her in our conversations and Elizabeth was surprised to realize that this baby could potentially be a part of our forever family. "But, we have 4 children- it would be so weird to add another person to our family." I guess she needs to get used to it!

2. I get to go to Stake Institute (a religion class) on Thursdays taught by two wonderful women. Last week we learned about Christ's Atonement. The teacher referenced a talk called "The Continual Atonement". It has made a difference in my life. After reading it, I realized that we don't have to pay for our sins. Christ has done it already. We don't need to worry about being perfect right now- the Atonement continually helps us to improve, strengthens us and blesses us. He says “Jesus doesn’t make up the difference. Jesus makes all the difference. Grace is not about filling gaps. It is about filling us.” It is through the Atonement that we can be changed. We cast off the Natural Man and become a Saint, through this redeeming power. It is amazing and I am ever so grateful for it.


This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments