On Fostering, Part 2


It feels as though I am pregnant, due with a baby sometime this October or even November maybe?

But, I am not uncomfortable- my insides are not squished like a rotten banana in my 3rd graders backpack begging for release from the strain.

My feet are not swollen. My belly is not swollen. There is no heartburn, no insomnia, no food cravings that pull me to the store like there is no tomorrow.

There are no outwards signs of this expectancy except for the car seat and stroller, the swing and new IKEA crib that are stacking up in the warm Garage.

We try to speak of it often, as we would if we were pregnant. "We're planning to foster this Fall." we'll say to new friends and neighbors. "Oh, really?" they reply. "Wow. That's great."

And often we get "How are the fostering plans coming?", just as one would ask "How is the baby doing?"

And so things go, from day to day. Two Dr. visits for me, one for Josh and that's it. Although there is the hours and hours of classes, the CPR training, the paperwork.

It seems to me, after having prepped for both so far, that fostering is the easiest way to go about having a baby.

Now, when it actually happens, that may be a completely different story.

I'll let you know.


This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

nicciwoffinden said…
Good luck to you guys on your new parenting adventure!!!