A Tender Mercy

 
 The other day, the kids decided they wanted to make cookies so here Jonah and Ethan are- mixing the dough!

Sometimes, the smallest thing can leave a big impact on your day, your week and your life. A sweet, tender mercy of the Lord happened this weekend.

The J. Rueben Clark Law Society, ASU's chapter, was having a BBQ swim party pretty close to our house. Josh mentioned it and we had decided that it would be a fun event to go to. That day (Saturday) was super busy: me watching the kids while Josh worked on a project then taking the boys to a friends house and running a few errands. I was starting to feel sick again (it happens when I'm running around and it's hot outside) and tried to recover while watching BYU football (yay!). When it was time to go, I just didn't want to. I was hot, tired and I would have to socialize with people I didn't know while trying to keep an eye on the kids in the pool.

Yet, I felt strongly that we should go, so we went. At the door, they had a drawing for door prizes and we put all the kids names in. I felt better and we had a great time visiting and chatting about law school. At the end, Jonah won a $25 Visa gift card and Asher won a $50 gift card to Frys. 


What a blessing! We have been working hard to make ends meet lately and this was just what we needed this month.Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the small and tender mercies that let us know You care and are There for us!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments