On Faith


Liz Lemon Swindle Art Work at the Mesa Temple

You have to excuse me for posting on here so much lately. You see, the mornings have been still and quiet, the dryer whirring in the background, lending the perfect atmosphere to a little bit of writing. And today I've been thinking about Faith. (If you feel like skipping this bit of wordage, please feel free.)

And how we have to put ourselves into action to produce the kind of Faith that works wonders. That works Miracles actually. There are so many great examples in the scriptures of people who had GREAT faith- Noah and his arc building goodness, Moses and his willingness to give up a comfortable, stable life and lead his people to freedom, Abraham's faith to do whatever was needed to be done, Joseph Smith who time and time again choose goodness instead of hate, my Mother who was baptized and left her beautiful land in the East to come to the West and be with the Saints there, my Husband, who chose to marry me instead of run off in the other direction towards freedom and less responsibility (but that is a story for another time).

And so I wonder, how do we get that kind of FAITH? Will it just appear for wanting, desiring it? This morning I read how we are a people who want things without having to work for them. We want to be healthy and fit without eating healthy and exercising. We want to be financially secure without paying our tithes. We want to be blessed without keeping the commandments. And we want to have more faith without praying and studying the scriptures.

So, we obtain Faith by truly praying- opening our hearts to Heavenly Father and pouring out everything that is hidden within- and by studying His word often. And our desire for more Faith can help that happen.

I don't know about you, but I still have a few things in my life that I would like to see happen. And I would like to work on getting that level of Faith that makes all things possible and that helps us be at one with God and His will. One day!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps. Happy 85th Birthday, President Monson! I love you, I greatly esteem you. You are an amazing example, person and Prophet of our Church. Did you see his birthday celebration on lds.org? Loved it!

Comments