Getting Used to School

Jonah still wears Red and Ethan still wears Blue. I wonder how long this will last?

Today is the third day that the kids are in school. Already the "Honeymoon" phase has ended and the kids have started to wane in their excitement. It has been so hot that they had no recess at all yesterday and do you know what no recess means for kid Elementary School age? It means they bottle up all their energy and spend it when they get home. Luckily I had them swimming Wednesday and in the evening on Thursday. We may take a break today, because swimming every day wears me out (not that I am complaining or anything!).

Today I let them walk to school by themselves. I stood by our house and waved Goodbye. I went to take the recycling in and when I turned back Jonah had turned around and was giving me the Biggest wave ever. It's those little moments that make it all worth it. I hate sending my kids to school and having them be gone all day, but I know that I would not be able to teach them.

Yesterday I walked them half way and told them I would meet them at that spot after school got out. Asher said "What, are you just going to wait there all day?" Um, no, honey, I do have things to do! My kids are so funny!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

p.s. We got our Church callings this week. I got 2 and I am super excited about both!- Involving 2 of my favorite things. More on that later!

Comments

Unknown said…
cute story. Looking forward to hearing about your new callings and glad you are excited for them!!