Our Savior's Love

Today, while I was walking Sadie, a thought hit me- like thoughts often do when the kids are quietly playing or off at school. That thought was that God is very capable. God is many, many things. He is kind. He is patient. He is understanding. He is all-knowing, all-powerful, thoughtful and good. God is perfect. But it had never occurred to me until today that He is capable.

He knows how to help me. He knows how to solve all of my problems- from the little ones of helping Elizabeth to learn how to manage her time more wisely to the big ones of adding to our family. And with that thought came a burst of understanding. I can leave all of my problems in His Capable Hands. Sometimes I irrationally think that a certain problem is below Him. Yes, He can help me gain patience (very quickly in fact so I've learned to pray for other things besides just patience). Yes, He can help me be humble. But can He really help me with that inappropriate thought that I just had (and yes, I occasionally have them)? Is He capable of doing that?

With the power of the Atonement, He and our Savior, have the capacity to do just that. Christ understands what it is like to be mortal. To be imperfect and to be trying to be perfect all in the same breath. He knows us intimately- more than our spouses or our best friends even know us. He loves us and wants us to return to Him in Forever Families.

And so today, as school draws to an end soon and I am filled with 80% excitement, 10% sadness that my kids are growing up, 10% dread that it will be a long, hot summer, I leave that with Him- the creator of both the worlds and the very smallest details of our lives.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments