Memorial Day in Scottsdale

On Memorial Day, we decided to drive up to Scottsdale and visit the grave site of my Grandma Beverly (on my Dad's side). After my Grandpa got divorced from Grandma Betty he remarried Grandma Beverly. She became a convert to the Church and they have such a sweet love story. She passed away from liver cancer in 1979 when I was about 18 months old.

The grave site is right under this Olive Tree, which Grandpa and sons planted. It's been 33 years since Grandma Beverly passed away and the tree is a pretty good size! We ended up having our picnic lunch near the grave site. At first I was unsure if this was okay, but after talking it over, we decided it would be okay- as long as we were off to the side!

This is a hummingbird wind chime that Uncle Jimmy hung about 10 years ago. Still looks good!

This is the view right across from their headstone. I loved the swans and the "No fishing" sign! They have a perfect spot! This cemetery is called "Paradise Mortuary" off Shea and 94th St. I can see why!

The Headstone- my Grandpa Hulihan and his second wife, Beverly Starbuck Hulihan. They were married for about 14 years. I have a picture of me with her, but I don't remember her. I like to think she is my Guardian Angel up in Heaven, cheering me on!

Me, Uncle James Hulihan "Jim", Asher, Elizabeth, Jonah and Ethan

Grandma has roses and hummingbirds on her side of the head stone.
We brought some flowers as well.
My Grandpa has the McDowell Mtns. on his side along with some cacti. I'm so glad that we live in the state and get the chance to see where my Grandpa lived with my Grandma Beverly.

Another pic with the whole family- minus Ethan, who was throwing things in the lake (boys!).

What a wonderful way to spend a Memorial Day morning!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments