Ten Things



Top Ten Things I love about having a newborn:

1. Seeing them for the very first time.

2. Kissing their soft, sweet cheeks.

3. Changing their diaper and patting their now clean, even softer bum.

4. Taking pictures of said newborn (with Dad, with Siblings, with Me, of their toes).

5. Sending out little baby announcements in the mail.

6. Folding little tiny clothes *did I mention I love folding laundry? Mostly because it makes me sit still for a while, and I can watch a show----Sometimes!

7. Getting to walk down the baby aisle in the store and seeing all the new creams and lotions out there.

8. Picking out cute, baby clothes and dressing them. Especially on Sundays!

9. Seeing your older children coo and smile at the new little one.

10. Playing/holding the baby during Church.

Ok. I can think of a lot more than this, but I'll stop. I'll end with one of Mom Abbott's favorite quotes:

"Babies are such a nice way to start people."

And since I've been on a nienie kick- here's Mindy Gledhill's song that she wrote thinking about her and her recovery


This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments