Funny Kids Happenings

(Blogger has been completely updated. Wow! It'll take awhile to get used to!) 

The other day Ethan woke up with a scary dream. Now, I've heard a lot of things about scary dreams. Some say that it is not good to tell about them right away, because you will remember them more clearly. Others say to take the scary part and turn into something silly. For example, if someone is coming after you with a knife, turn into a carrot and it just makes everything seem not so scary anymore!

 In my late night state, I couldn't remember what to do. I told him to tell me about it. He told me that there was a guy in a black hood (like a death eater) chasing him. My fuzzy brain searched for something to comfort him. I found it- tell him to change the scary thing into something funny. "Why don't you just imagine the hooded guy as someone different. Like maybe a clown."   Just as those words were leaving my lips, I knew I had said the wrong thing. Clowns can be even scarier than hooded guys coming after you in the night!

The other day, we were driving by McDonalds the other day and Jonah said "I don't like that place." Surprised, I asked why. He said that weird guy in there with the red smile creeps me out. Oh, you mean Ronald McDonald? I guess they don't watch McDonald's commercials anymore. We'll take our McD's to go, thank you very much! 

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Missa said…
I always say a prayer with my kids. It's comforting and quick, which is good because in the middle of the night all I want to do is go back to sleep.
Unknown said…
Cute. Yeah Shayla calls McDOnalds - Old McDonalds (from the song) so whenever we pass she says there is old McDOnalds!