Arise to the Mountain

Last night, around 3:30 am, Elizabeth awoke with a scary dream. Or ten scary dreams, she told me. I got her a drink, laid down beside her and when that failed, turned on the tv. We recently got a new roku machine that allows us to get the internet on our tv (with our wireless). We got it so we could watch Conference since we don't have cable (or a DVR! I know- pretty crazy, huh?). I LOVE it! You can get Pandora Radio on your TV, and there is a Mormon channel on there as well. Elizabeth and I watched a few new Easter Bible Videos and some other short, sweet videos as well. I sent her off to bed, and she fell asleep pretty quickly after that. I, on the other hand, took a little longer.

One video we watched was called Arise to the Mountain. It was shown at the General Young Women's Broadcast. I loved it! I loved how pure and sweet and good those young women are. I look forward to Elizabeth being a Young Woman one day (sooner than I have expected!).

Recently, I have quite a few names of people that I still need to do Temple Work for. I promised myself that the next open day I had, I would go to the Temple. Today was completely open. In fact, on Monday Josh got into a small car accident. He was driving to get his fingerprints done for our adoption/foster class and was stopped at a red light when a lady bumped into him. His head hit the steering wheel and the lady got out, crying and upset. She had just filed a domestic violence report on her boyfriend that day and I'm sure was struggling with all of that.

Josh is fine, despite a headache that day and a little yesterday. The back bumper of his car got bent up and his trunk wouldn't close. He even drove to our class like that. I was impressed. He got a rental car while it's getting fixed and so I got to use my car today.

I went and did baptisms for these dear sweet, family members and when I came out I realized that I had brought no make up. I did grab a brush from the car, but that's it. We've all heard that beauty comes from within. It doesn't matter what clothes you wear, what makeup you wear- it matters what's in your heart.

And as I left the temple, fresh from having done service for others, and knowing that I truly was worthy to enter into The House of the Lord, I felt the most beautiful I have felt in a long time. Even without makeup.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Fox and Amy said…
That is awesome that you live so close to the temple--whose names did you do? Crazy about being rear-ended! Love ya!
Unknown said…
sweet thoughts...glad Josh is okay! What a day! xoxo