Twins!

NationalGeographic.com

I took a day off from the internet yesterday.

I did check my e-mail though. I couldn't help it. It took 5 minutes! Ok. Maybe 10.

I can't say I liked it, but I did get more done!

If I had to do it over again, I would proclaim one day a week "basic" day: e-mail, blog, read my top 5 favorite bloggers (any family of course, NieNie, Nat, CJane) and that's it. That would take me about an hour.

Or I could write 2 posts one day and then just post that one and quickly skim to see if anyone has written anything that can't wait until the next day.

Josh is now no longer an often reader of my blog.

His job keeps him too busy. This is good, but I miss him. It reminds me of when we got married and the first normal day after our honeymoon he came home at 10 pm. I was teaching and would get home at 5 pm, make dinner and be alone for the next five hours. That wasn't going to fly. We talked and he began to come home at 6 pm. And somehow things worked out.

I miss him, but I'm thankful for you- my dear readers.

Did you see the January edition of The National Geographic and it's article on twins? It was really neat! Since I am a twin (Fraternal- her name is Molly. She is brilliant, has brown hair, green eyes, ivory skin, 5 kids, is an artist and a healthy food cook. Her husband is a Dr. and they live in Missouri) and I have identical twins (Ethan and Jonah, age 7 3/4, blonde hair, blue eyes, same cow lick, Ethan is an inch taller than Jonah, same 99.9% genes- almost lost one due to twin-to-twin transfusion) I find twins very interesting. Phew! That was a sentee!



When we got married, I told Josh "I want to have twins." He thought I was crazy! That's how it usually is. One spouse wants them and the other doesn't. At the first Dr. visit with Elizabeth, I asked "Is it twins?" They said no. At the first visit with the boys I asked "Is it twins?" "No" they said "You would be bigger." Weren't they surprised at 20 weeks that it was twins? I wasn't. I had a feeling. A Mother's intuition. Or indigestion. Something! I was thrilled! Josh was shocked. I wanted to know the sex of the boys right away. Boy- first one. Ok. Ok. I thought. What's the next one? I had to wait while they checked their hearts and lungs and arms. Boy. We were in for trouble!

With Asher I switched Drs so I could get an 11 week ultrasound. I didn't ask if it was twins. I was nervous it might be. A single healthy one.

With my last two miscarriages I asked "Is it twins?" and "It could be twins..." Hearing the words "There is no heartbeat" and "It's too small..." is the complete opposite of what I wanted to hear. Heaven and Hell.

Next time I won't be asking anything about twins. It will be Heaven enough to hear one strong heartbeat.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

- you can read more about what I've written about Ethan and Jonah here and here.

Comments