The afghan, my rough morning and me



A few weeks ago I finally finished the afghan I had been working on for 3 years! Yes, 3! I started it when I was really manic because I couldn't sit still. Crocheting this helped me to concentrate and made me feel calmer. As I got better and better I didn't need to do that as much so I only worked on it during General Conference. A craft group started up on Friday mornings in Maryland and I would take it and work on it then. I would only work on it an hour or so a week, but anything helped! It feels so good to be done! Now I'm starting a new one. Same style, just new colors. This pattern doesn't require me to count or change colors very often and I like that.

Some mornings as a Mom are just really rough. This morning it was time to go to school and Jonah could not find his shoes. I sent them all out to the car while I hunted. I found them, soaking wet under Ethan's bed. When forced to explain, Jonah said that he rode his bike through a huge pond (left over from the rain storms we've had lately) and had to step into it so he wouldn't fall down. I told him no more going through small ponds and sent him to school in his Sunday shoes. I hate doing that since they get all sandy from the playground and scuffed up. Good thing he had another pair to wear to school.

I came home to find a poopy overflowed toilet. Luckily Josh was still home to fix it. Ew!

Also, my phone has not been allowing me to answer texts or send e-mails. I feel a little guilty complaining about this, since we never could text or e-mail on phones 5 years ago, but once you get used to it, it feels like you just should be able to do it whenever you want. Josh is figuring out for me and we will probably clear the hard drive to get it working. It's like a little computer! In preparation for that, we downloaded all my pics from my phone. I may or may not have had 2,00 on there over the past 2 years! Be prepared for some more posts with pictures from there! There was some videos too! Wowza!

My watch broke too and I just got mad! Yes, it is 10 years old and yes, I bought it at a lost and found sale at BYU but it is a good brand and I love it. I'll get it fixed. Or maybe I should get a new one?

I went to Step for the first time in 3 years and that felt awesome! We live 3 minutes from a wonderful gym and I love it! That helped me feel better. I even kept up- most of the time!

And now, on to lunch out with Ethan! We have a good life- even though it's crazy sometimes!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps- If you have noticed any typos or run on sentences in my blogging lately, I apologize!

Comments