Yesterday



Yesterday I went to a Meet and Mingle for the ladies at our Church. Our ward is still new, so they had set up a speed get-to-know-you session. We sat down and had two minutes to discuss various questions with the lady sitting across from us. Questions like-

"What do you least like about yourself?" (the fact that I am too soft/nice sometimes and get taken advantage of sometimes. My nose?)

"If you could find anything at a garage sale what would it be and for how much?" (A bigger flat screen tv for $50 thank you very much!)

And my personal favorite? "If you could eat lunch with anyone who would it be and why?" Two ominutes people!

I replied Joseph Smith. I know it's a little trite for a Mormon, but it's true (did you see Mitt won AZ and Michigan? Hoorah!) Joseph Smith is the man who most reminds me of our Savoir. He is kind and good, full of love and forgiveness. A wonderful man whom I have to thank for the wonderful life I lead.http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif

And then...

The woman who I was sitting across said "Or Jesus." And I thought "Of course." I had chosen a man who reminded me the most of the Savior, but why not choose Him? Why not choose Christ?

And I began to be grateful. Grateful for all that He has done for me. Grateful that even though I have weaknesses, I can overcome them. Grateful that I can be forgiven daily when I mess up and get frustrated with my kids. Grateful that every day is a new day, a new chance to improve.

And the gratitude party continued as I took Sadie for her morning walk. I'm grateful that Josh has this good, good job. Every day I want to be grateful. I'm grateful that I have four spunky, happy, unique children and that I was able to carry each one of them.

And then my gratitude turned into hope for the future. A promise never to forget the goodness of God in giving us this job, a promise to be grateful for my children and if I do find my self pregnant, a promise to cherish every singe day of that experience and appreciate the beauty of raising an infant.

And Natalie Holbrook's thoughts on Being a Queen today echoed my sentiments exactly. I haven't always felt like a Queen at home. But I do now, and that's what counts.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments