MLK Jr. Day


that is the signature of my Great-Grandfather. How neat, huh?

Josh had MLK Jr. Day off so we headed to our local IKEA- 20 minutes away in Tempe. We had planned a hike but since it was drizzly it was canceled. I've been wanting to turn our guest room into a bedroom/craft room. There was a desk at IKEA which I love and I wanted to create a space where I can sew, blog, download pics, craft and do family history in semi-peace and quiet.

Those of you who know me, know I love shopping and I love IKEA. As we dropped the kids off at Smaland, except Elizabeth who wanted to come with us, I beamed with anticipation. Josh was not as thrilled. That's ok. We found the desk, and a lamp, and 2 Christmas stars on sale (for my July 4th themed room), ate lunch (which was free since we spent over a certain amount) and headed home. A successful trip! Josh worked on his Christmas puzzle when we got home and I did some family history and found the record above. I love it!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps. I have to say that I have always admired Martin Luther King. He was amazingly brave and kind, smart and wise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Depression and the Inauguration '09

Baby Name Woes

Angels Among Us