MLK Jr. Day


that is the signature of my Great-Grandfather. How neat, huh?

Josh had MLK Jr. Day off so we headed to our local IKEA- 20 minutes away in Tempe. We had planned a hike but since it was drizzly it was canceled. I've been wanting to turn our guest room into a bedroom/craft room. There was a desk at IKEA which I love and I wanted to create a space where I can sew, blog, download pics, craft and do family history in semi-peace and quiet.

Those of you who know me, know I love shopping and I love IKEA. As we dropped the kids off at Smaland, except Elizabeth who wanted to come with us, I beamed with anticipation. Josh was not as thrilled. That's ok. We found the desk, and a lamp, and 2 Christmas stars on sale (for my July 4th themed room), ate lunch (which was free since we spent over a certain amount) and headed home. A successful trip! Josh worked on his Christmas puzzle when we got home and I did some family history and found the record above. I love it!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps. I have to say that I have always admired Martin Luther King. He was amazingly brave and kind, smart and wise.

Comments