January 31st!



Dear Blog,

I missed you yesterday! You may have not missed me- but I missed you! I was off supervising some students- aka substituting- but now I am back!
I have noticed lately that my nest is quite empty during the day. I leave to take the kids to school at 7:30 am and Josh leaves right after that. At 7:35 am, I say good-bye to my bed headed children who are full of energy and excitement as they face a new day of elementary school- playing on the playground, learning about planets, phonics (yes, they teach that here), friends, lunch in the cafeteria, music/art/p.e./snack time and then on to a snack and homework at 3 pm.

Between 8 am and 3 pm is my time. It is filled with cleaning up after breakfast and lunch making/walking the dog/hitting the gym sometimes!/washing soiled sheets/doing laundry/taking out the trash and recycling/grocery shopping/clothes shopping/an occasional substitute job/dr. appointments/scratching the dog/going online/blog writing/balancing the budget/paying bills/dusting/making beds/cleaning/making phone calls/volunteering. Ok. I'll stop there. My life is busy but it is sometimes lonely. I don't have anyone to talk to while I do all of these things. Like actually TALK to. Sadie keeps me company and I've found myself just talking to her randomly. No teasing!

An article in the February Ensign read at 9:45 pm last night really struck home to me. It was about a lady whose kids had left home and she had just gotten a divorce and had retired. When once her life was busy with children, husband and co-workers, she found herself with quietness all the time. She began to despair. Upon turning to her Heavenly Father, she found that He is always there.

I never really wanted a quiet house at 34. But now that it is here, I know that my Heavenly Father is here for ME. He knows me. He knows my needs, my wants. He knows myself. He knows what is best for me. And for that I am grateful.

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps- can you believe it is almost February?!?

Comments