Imagine


Today I was driving and feeling a little sorry for myself. For a few big reasons. And then I drove by a Christmas Decoration and my thoughts turned to Mary, the Mother of Jesus.

I could just imagine her, nine months pregnant and in LABOR. She is sitting on a donkey, in a strange city- crowded and smelly and loud. If I were Mary, all I would want would be a clean room, my good husband and a sweet maid to attend to the birth.Simple.Basic. But Mary and Joseph kept getting turned away. Again and again. I'm sure Mary had a moment of doubt- "Every room is full? Really?" And then, I'm sure, there were angels comforting her, strengthening her.

I feel that same way sometimes. As though every door is being closed in my face. I have moments of doubt, of fear- when my faith is being tested.

And then a solution is found- a clean stable. A healthy husband and someone to help out. And the best part of it all? A healthy baby boy- the Savior of All mankind. Born this night in the city of Bethlehem. A child. Who is Christ the Lord.

As the doors are shut, and we are at times turned away, I can feel His peace. He is there. Angels are supporting us and a solution will be found. Sometimes it's not the solution we had imagined, but always it comes, bringing blessings of it's own.


Merry Christmas, everyone!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

ps- Check out these new videos on the Birth of Jesus

Comments

Shelley said…
Thank you for this post!