Our 1st Trip hiking in AZ



This is what I got when I told the kids to smile. Fun, huh? It was also pretty sunny!


Up on top. The funky looking mountains behind us are the Superstition Mtns.
Pretty cool, huh?

What you can see when I zoom in with my big camera. The houses are really close here!


We love hiking and it is one of our favorite things to do as a family. We did it a lot in Maryland so when, a couple of Saturdays ago, we told the kids we were going hiking they were baffled. Hiking? Where is the forest? Where are the trees?

We told them that we would be doing a different kind of hiking. Hiking in the desert. Up a mountain. We got up that morning, ate breakfast, got dressed and were out the door by 7:30 am. By 8 am we were there and while it was still cool, you could tell it was heating up. The kids loved it- practically running up the mountain and checking out cool new plants. Elizabeth got upset because Ethan was ahead of her, and Josh splashed her with water to get her into the fun of it all. She laughed and chased him. A good time was had by all!

This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments