Big News!


picture via Pioneer Woman

We are MOVING! to Mesa, Arizona! On Saturday, August 6th. Yep- that's right! In less than three weeks! It's been in the works for quite a while now but we were waiting until it was pretty much a done deal to make it official. Josh and I made a trip out to Phoenix this past week (without kids!) to find a home to rent. We found 2 homes that we like and put an application in for both of them. We found out yesterday that we got our favorite one! Woohoo! We love the area! The people are friendly, the weather is not as hot as I would have thought compared to living near D.C. Oh, and the housing is very, very cheap.

So, for the next little while, our home will be filled with the sights and sounds of packing boxes, tape and children running a-muck after watching way too much tv, as I begin to pack up our now seemingly way too big home and attempt to transport all of it's belongings (or most of them at least) across the country. Friends in our ward have already lovingly offered their services to help and I am so thankful for a ward family that can help out while my own family is far away. We will miss everyone we have met and loved these past four years and we are also excited for a new chapter in our lives! We will be leaving a little bit of our hearts here in Maryland, just as we have done so in Salt Lake City, San Luis Obispo, CA and Provo, Utah.

And since we will be driving there- if any of you have any good tips on how to survive a five day road trip with four kids ages 8 and under- let me know! What I've got so far are- books on tape, let the kids pack their own backpacks with fun stuff, travel games, car games, DVDs and a good DVD player, coolers full of healthy food like sandwich fixings, bagels and fruit, lots of water, taking breaks- etc. We get to stop at some family member's home along the way and I'm thrilled about the whole thing. Absolutely thrilled. (I may or may not have been seen jumping up and down for joy while clapping my hands!)

Moving to Arizona in the beginning of August?

What an adventure! This will be wonderful!


This is my blog. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Missa said…
Wow! We are so excited to have you closer. I looked at the pictures of the house online last night. It looks so pretty. What an exciting adventure for your family!
Hilary said…
I'm so excited for you! My friend Nancy is from Mesa and another friend used to live in Gilbert. It sounds like a great place to live. I'm especially glad to see how happy you are about the move.
Shawna said…
Congrats! We'll have to have lunch when i go out to visit my family!
Unknown said…
yay! You will be 6.5 hours from Fillmore - I see a road trip from us to you in that direction in he near future! I hear there are over 25 stakes in Mesa too - wow!