It's 3 am

It's 3 am and I'm up blogging. I shouldn't be, because today is Friday and a very busy one at that- a library run with returns, invitations to be made before Sunday for the boys 7th birthday, Asher's final Preschool concert at 12:30 (waaahhh!), a make-up piano lesson, sewing lessons for Elizabeth and Heritage Night at school.

But, I am awake.

Things have been stressful around here and so whenever I get woken up by a child in the middle of the night (unless I've taken half a unisom) I am awake! Thinking and planning and wondering and hoping and maybe a little worrying but not too much.

It doesn't help that we are now potty training Ethan at night, so I get up almost nightly. We're on week 6- mostly. We took a couple days off when he ran the batteries to the alarm to the ground and I had to buy special new ones. The alarm had been going off for almost an hour before I heard it. Um, yeah. I must have been really tired (see thebedwettingstore.com for product purchase)!

You see, my twin boys have inherited their Father's heavy sleep gene and will sleep through almost anything!. When they were about 6 years old, my friend mentioned an alarm she that she used to potty train her son. And that was when I began potty training twins. A second time. I haven't even done Jonah yet! The way I figured it- with having had to buy diapers/pull ups for the last 6 1/2 years, and with the problem probably lasting until they were 8 unless I helped them I would save money by doing it (12 months x $25 a month = $300).

It's taken a little longer than I thought but he's getting better. And I've learned an important lesson. The more you serve someone the more you love them. Each time I have gotten up at night with him- or at least almost!- I have felt a strong feeling of love for him. He is so cute- sleepy and confused as to why he was woken up (which it usually is me waking him up- not the alarm). And tonight, I just loved him until my heart could burst.

I guess that since I don't have a newborn baby to nurse and love in the night, I am making up for it. Boy, would I love a cute, little baby to nurse (or at least feed- I never really enjoyed nursing). But, since I don't have that, a cute, blonde little boy by the name of Ethan will do just fine. Just fine indeed.

This is my long blog post for the day. My name is Megan Abbott.

Comments

Unknown said…
Potty trainig is hard - Shayla is SUPER heavy sleeper too and that is totally why I think it is harded for her to night train. I wake her up before I go to bed and she is so out of it, I feel bad but she goes right back to sleep! Good luck!